*All links to Amazon are affiliate links. You can learn more about these links and other policies here. Thanks for your support!*
My overall gifting philosophy has changed & morphed over the years. I want to give meaningfully and even created this handy gift brainstorming worksheet to get me thinking intentionally before checking out or clicking “buy now”!
That being said, I still do 90% of my shopping on Amazon. I love coming across products that really fit our friends & family – either because I know they’ve been wanting it or I know it’ll be an awesome surprise! And it’s all the better if I can get it in 2-day free shipping. (Have I mentioned how much we LOVE Prime?! We’ve been using it since college and have never had a year where it didn’t pay for itself. You can get a free 30-day trial that’s perfect for Christmas shopping here.*)
I know there are about 3,438,380 gift guides out there right now (just an estimate 😉 ) but here are my wholehearted recommendations! I’ve found some really great products on Amazon over the past few years – both as the giver and as the receiver, on large and small budgets – and wanted to pass them along to you in hopes that some may be the perfect gift for a special someone in your life!
For lovers of all things organized
1. Slide-Out Storage Tower*– This is absolutely one of my favorite things we purchased when we bought a home. We don’t have a lot of shelving in our laundry room (meaning we have 1 shelf, period) and this goes right in between your washer & dryer! It is so handy and cost-effective.
2. Mop & Broom Hanging Organizer* – This is also a life-saver in laundry rooms with no storage. I was nervous it wouldn’t work at less than $10 but it’s been great for us!
3. Wall-Mount Jewelry & Accessory Organizer* – I received this as a birthday gift and all I have to say is no. more. tangled. necklaces. 😉
4. Letter-sized File Boxes* – These are so handy! I know a lot of people are keeping things digital now (we’re trying…) but some things DO need to be filed. These look nice, and if you end up not using a few, they unsnap and are easy to store for later!
Clean Freaks (lovingly applying that term, as I am one)
- Bissell Steam Mop* – Alright, I know this is more expensive but I could rave about this all day. We previously were “hacking” our Swiffer (which saved us so much money!) but this steam mop is the only thing I’ve found to leave no streaks. All it uses is water so it’s “green”, cost-effective, germ-killing, and easy to use. If it’s in your budget, I know someone in your life would love this 🙂
- Various Brushes* – These can be useful for many things but especially for folks who use a lot of water/work-out bottles that can be so hard to clean. Just a thought!
- Pot Scrapers* – You may laugh at such a tiny gift, but this is one thing I use every day! It makes cleaning burnt or sticky food so much easier.
- Hoover WindTunnel Vacuum* – Also a bit more expensive, but hey, everyone needs a vacuum and I can wholeheartedly recommend ours!
For the grandparents (or sentimental 😉 )
- Electronic Photo Frame* – This is the hands-down best gift I’ve ever given my grandmother, especially now that she’s in a nursing home. It’s easy to update with new photos and is crystal-clear. She’s able to show off her family to the nurses and reminds her of all the people who love her! But of course, this is great for literally anyone!
- Photo Album* – For those family member who prefer the old-fashioned way, this is a really nice-looking photo album for a great price!
- Photo Christmas Ornament *– This is great for a family photo gifted to a grandparent or to any family member to commemorate a special memory.
- Sun Light Therapy Lamp* – In my search (again) for a meaningful & useful gift for my grandmother, I came across this! These lights are supposed to help with overall mood, depression, circadian clocks, and more. This is a great gift for anyone who is inside a lot – whether home-bound or just in an office!
For those who are all about business:
- Office Chair* – My husband got this for Christmas last year, and it really is such great quality for the price! It is really plush, and the headrest & padded armrests have made all the difference.
- Power Bank – I hate to even admit why we have this… it was for Pokemon Go when it got big last year & my husband was playing it. 😛 Whatever your reason, it’s great to have some back-up juice when you’re on the go!
- Business Card Holder* – Well, at least you can’t beat the price! I think this is a great gift for someone with a new job or new business. It shows support, plus it’s super sleek!
- Laptop Bag* – I call this the “professor bag” that we bought my father-in-law when he finished his Ph.D. He’s liked it so far, and it really looks high-quality (noticing a theme here? 😉 )
For the foodie:
- Wine Opener* – I love this wine opener! We gave it to my brother last year, and it’s a great brand & very easy to use. Great price-point, too!
- Bodum French Press* – It is so easy for me to recommend this, considering I use it every. single. day. French Press coffee is about 10,000x better than your regular coffee (just one girl’s opinion) and any millennial or coffee lover will appreciate this!
- WhirleyPop Popcorn Maker – Throwback anyone? We love using this to make fresh popcorn. Paired nicely with popcorn toppings 🙂
- Chalkboard Cheese Labels – I think this is such a fun gift for the entertainer in your life! Or just people who love to be fancy.
For the kitchen lovers:
- 6-Quart Crockpot* – Hands down, everyone needs a crockpot. If you/your loved doesn’t have one, I can recommend this one. I like that it doesn’t have all the fancy additions because honestly, there are fewer things to wear out! We love this one.
- 14-Cup Food Processor* – This is another big ticket item that was actually given to us by my very generous parents. I don’t use it everyday, but it comes in handy for smoothies, thick mixes, shredding, and chopping. (Oh, and milkshakes.) 🙂
- USA Cupcake Pan* & Baking Sheets* – I’ve mention how much I LOVE USA cookware before, but seriously, they are the only brand I’ll buy now. Things rarely get stuck and it saves me so much headache!
For the creative:
- Watercolor Pencils* – These are the coolest to me! You color with them, then brush on water to make them like watercolor paints! With the adult coloring book craze* going around, this could be for anyone on your list.
- Musician’s Notebook – If anyone is experimenting with song writing or composing, this is such a fun way to encourage them!
- Arduino Kit* – For those of you who don’t know (I definitely didn’t), this is a basic set-up to play around with electronics & programming. There are endless possibilities of what you can build, and there are lots of free projects online – which makes it perfect for the technically-minded hobbyist or kiddo in your life!
- Sharpie Brush Markers* – Similar to the pencils, these are so cool! The brush tips allow you to use them for hand-lettering and would be great for someone interested in getting started. Or who is just crafty in general. 🙂
For the health conscious:
- Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush* – Let’s just say I haven’t had a cavity since I got this toothbrush. It is so worth the investment, and my dentist reminds me “it’s the best out there” literally every time I go.
- Contigo Workout Bottle with Storage*– While I’m totally loyal to my personal Camelbak water bottle, this one is a great gift for those who work out a lot, especially college students. It’s easy to hold any key-cards, IDs, keys, money, etc. in the holder and you’re good to go!
- Camelbak Water Bottle* – … although as I mentioned, I do love Camelbaks (for the nozzle!) I’ve literally had the same bottle since 2009, and I drink at least 3x more water when I’m using it!
- LAVO Facial Cleansing Brush* – While a friend with the Clarisonic version* originally introduced me to how amazing these brushes are, I have totally enjoyed my much-cheaper version. Face washes are great but so much is left behind if you’re only using your hands to scrub! This is perfect for someone who struggles with acne or just those who love taking care of their skin!
*Bonus on this one: Give the gift of AMAZING sleep! We bought this mattress on Amazon 2 years ago and is the best bang-for-your-buck I’ve ever experienced! I was nervous buying a mattress for under $300, thinking it would end up being horrible, but it is exactly like the memory foam mattresses that are thousands of dollars in store. We recommend it wholeheartedly, and someone would LOVE you if you treated them to this (or maybe just yourself 🙂 )
For the kiddos:
- Phillips Sonicare for Kids *– same as all the above reasons but all the more important for the kids!
- Camelbak for Kids* – same as above, too! (Wow, I promise I just don’t buy them the same things I want…) There are so many cute designs, and my niece loved having the “same” water bottle as Evan & me!
- Learning Numbers Game* – This game, or anything similar, is a great way to give something that encourages their education but is still fun!
- Magnetic Mini Tile Art*– We gave this to a family we love, and their 4 kids really loved it! It’s a great craft to do together, and in essence, you’re giving the experience as the gift!
Last but not least, did you know you can give Amazon Prime as a gift*? If you love it as much as I do & know one of your friends and family would too, it’s an awesome option! I think this would especially be helpful for new parents who would love to avoid a shopping trip or even homebound family members who have a hard time getting out of the house.
I truly hope some of these ideas work for you or at least get your wheels turning! Also, make sure to check out my brainstorming worksheet that got me through my shopping, plus a budget & shopping tracker to keep everything running smoothly 🙂