Do you struggle to keep track of purchases throughout the holidays? Receipts, budgets, what’s done and what’s not, what’s wrapped and what’s gotten buried, which gifts need to go to what holiday gathering – it’s a lot to keep up with and I want to help!
So I’ll get straight to the point- I’m really excited to share this shopping list & budget tracker with you!! I’m a huge Excel nerd and have been working hard to create a one-place-for-everything tool. It has been helpful to me already and I hope it is for you, too!
Let’s talk about what it does:
The Budget Tracker:
- This is a place where you can map out your budget, both overall & for each individual person/group on your list.
- As you make purchases and record them on the Shopping Organizer, the totals update automatically on the Budget Tracker so you always have an idea of where you are financially.
- There are totals for each individual, so you can see how much you have left to spend on them.
- However, we all know you may overspend on one person but come under on another- so there’s an overall tracker so that it all balances out 🙂
The Shopping Organizer:
- This is where the real magic happens!
- Record each gift on a new line. As you are brainstorming, you can write down each gift idea with (1) notes of where to buy it, whether it’s online or at a store; (2) how much you think it will cost, and (3) if you need more than 1 of them.
- As you make your purchases, you can update what you actually spent on it (which will then translate back to the budget tracker overall!)
- When it’s purchased, check it off for some positive reinforcement!
- Check it off again when it’s wrapped.
- Also, there’s a spot to note the “place of gift” which means, which holiday gathering is this going to? If you’re like me, you have about 5 different family gatherings and a few others thrown in. Go ahead and make a note of where it’s going!
- Lastly, one of my favorite things about using Excel for something like this (other than formulas, of course) is that you can sort that whole list by whatever column you want. For me, it’s been helpful to sort it by Individual to see what all I’ve purchased for that person. You can also sort it by Store, if you need to pick up more than one thing there. OR you can sort it by Place of Gift, as you’re gathering everything before the get-together.
Now that I’m done drooling over it, let’s get it in your hands! Enter your email below and I’ll send you a blank one for you to use but also the example set with TONS of gift ideas (all of which I’ve purchased and given in the past).
Also, if you need help getting started, check out these 5 Meaningful Ways to Gift with an awesome gift ideas brainstorming worksheet. I’ve been using it myself this year and it’s helped me think of gifting in a different way and come up with some truly unique gifts!
Please let me know what you think in the comments!